Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And whatever you do...

Just a little thought for my mom blog readers. I found a card where I had written down a verse today and it really encouraged me, so I wanted to share.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

A verse we've heard a thousand times, but when I feel like pretty much all I do is wash dishes and clothes and babies bottoms, it's good to be reminded that it doesn't really matter what we are doing, as long as we're doing it for His glory. It's sometimes a stretch to think of how my monotonous tasks bring Him glory. But today it hit me that it's not the task, but the attitude I have while doing it. I've not been "excelling" in that area of attitude lately, so this was a good reminder for me! I am thankful for the family that I serve and for the health God gives me to do it. That's all. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Jamie :) said...

Thanks for the reminder!! I needed that!!! :)

Jamie :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Yes, thanks!!