Friday, September 01, 2006

It's official

Well, it's official. Micah is a walker. I would say he walks more than he crawls now. He's still a little wobbly of course, but it seems like his confidence and ability grow by the hour rather than by the day now. He is VERY proud of his new skill and when he gets going for a while he usually starts to laugh, which is so cute I could just eat him up!


Noah and Micah's jam session
I gave Noah my ancient MP3 player which holds like 15 songs (a far cry from the 30 GB ipod), but he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. He walks around the house singing (at the top of his lungs) all day. He is such a sweet big brother. He loves and protects Micah so much. He's still doing great with school and his reading skills seem to be improving daily. That's a huge blessing because teaching him to read was the thing I was most intimidated by.
Happy Birthday Grandy! My dad had a birthday today. We are going to celebrate his, Noah's and Micah's birthdays next weekend with a SAFARI party! Noah and Micah just wanted to keep it simple, but dad insisted on the SAFARI theme, so you know, whatever.


my quick thought to share:
i found myself frustrated this week by what felt like never ending busyness. some, like my husband, seem to enjoy this busyness or atleast thrive in it. i however am easily overwhelmed and would prefer a slower pace. but alas, being the mother of two small boys and the wife of a man who's not ok with a status quo life (thankfully) means that i am going to be busy. in my frustration with that this week, i really felt that God led me to realize how blessed i am to have people and purposes to be busy about. it sure beats a lonely, dull life-right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right! I can't believe Micah is walking that much! He is such a big boy! I love the pictures of the brothers. Looking forward to the Safari party! Should I wear my zebra costume?

Jenny said...

i was actually hoping you'd wear the ape suit.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we had to be in costume. I'll be the wildebeast.

Anonymous said...

that was me